Today I have a card to share with you for the new A Creative Need Challenge you can find HERE. The theme for the January challenge is to use dies and punches so you will definitely want to enter right away. You will also want to check out all of Deena's wonderful images at her Etsy Shop HERE. You can also purchase her images through Squigglefly HERE. So start your year off right with a challenge at A Creative Need!
Here's one of the cards I made to inspire you to try her images, Get Well Little Bear.
I challenged myself to use designer paper that was in my stash forever and a MS border punch that doesn't get a lot of use. It's one of my New Year's resolutions to use it or lose it!
TIP: The colors seemed too bright for the little bear image. How would that little sick bear get to sleep? So I dry brushed some medium paint onto the designer paper and used the same paint to dry brush my border punch edging. I used a trick that generally uses gesso, but my gesso is at my alternate crafting location so I had to substitute some acrylic paint in my stash.
You can see the before and after paper above. Adding a few pearls to the card and it was done! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon! Stay well!
I am linking this project to the following challenges:
- Animal Friends Challenge - Animal - #10 Punches and Dies
- Bearly Mine Challenges #117 Anything Goes
- Creative Card Crew 2W - #52 Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Challenges 2W, 3E - #26 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - #253 Anything goes
- Creative Moments - #33 Anything goes
- Divas by Design - -Anything goes
- Inky Impressions - Anything Goes
- Kaboodle Doodles - Anything Goes
- Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes
- Melonheadz Friends Challenge - Anything Goes
- Paper Shelter Challenge -Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp - Something new--new image
- The Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Animal Friends
- The Pink Elephant Monday Card Challenge - Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E, - Always Anything Goes
- WordArt Wednesdays - Anything goes (must be uplifting)