Monday, March 9, 2015

I'm a Words Girl--Not Numbers

Divide the world into halves--tp scrunched or folded, tp roll going over or under, toothpaste pressed at the end or middle, numbers or words.  I'm a "words" girl.  But this card's theme is numbers so sewing came to mind.  You can divide the world like that too--people who can't thread a needle and those who can make a whole outfit--and all the levels in the middle.  I used to sew but now I make sewing-themed or quilt cards for fun and never have to worry about the machine's tension or threading that hole that seems to get smaller and smaller as the years pass.   Come and join us at the Friends of Speedy TV challenge this week and use numbers!




6 comments:

Davi said...

Love your pretty card with that vintage machine Kren! The sewing tape is a very clever way to used to numbers :) I know what you mean about the hole getting smaller!!

Janine said...

Learned to sew on one like that many years ago. Machine gathers dust most of the time now. Sweet card with the tape and button

Stampsnob. said...

How inventive Great take on numbers...............Lis

Barbie said...

I used to sew a lot too but the sewing machine just gathers dust now. Very clever to incorporate the tape measure with the sewing machine.

NanaConnie said...

Yep, I think I must be a word person, too, Kren. I can never figure out what to do with a "numbers" challenge except perhaps a numbered birthday card. I love your idea of doing something with sewing and the tape measure is brilliant! I laughed over your comment that the threading hole in the needle gets smaller every year. It must be true because I've noticed that myself! :-D

Daniela Dobson said...

Such a cute card. I love to sew and was about to get a new machine because the zigzag wasn't working. Well, I figured it out just yesterday. User error. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Endless Knowledge

  Hello, friends.  kReN@afourthlife here to share so  Endless Knowledge .   As an ex-English teachers, books are dear to my heart so this im...