Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Winter Hugs




What's in your stash?
Making your own background paper is easy.
For this card, I painted card stock with acrylic paints in colors that fit my mood.
Then when dry, I dry brushed gesso on top to mute the colors.  
I keep a collection of these  in my designer paper tray
ready for a card at any time.

I wanted a winter card with one of these backgrounds
so I pulled out my Impression Obsession dies
and am embossed card stock card stock quarter from my stash.
The sequins were a gift from K. Werner from a blog hop.
They were the perfect colors for this card.  Thanks Kristina!

I love the subtle colors but couldn't resist a bolder card blank.

Thanks for stopping by!

IO Birch Trees DIE 079-U
IO Upper Case Alphabet DIE158-H

I will share my project with my friends:










1 comment:

ScrappyHorses said...

This is beautiful! I love the bold blue behind your muted/painted paper; absolutely lovely! Your embossing makes this the perfect winter card for a friend which makes it perfect for our Friendship theme over at Path of Positivity! Thanks for joining us.
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Cupcake Wishes

  Hello, friends. kReN@afourthlife sending you Cupcake Wishes .  Surely, there is some event that requires a celebration revolving around cu...